What meets the eye

“So, you fed the story and he took it at face value? And there I was holding him in higher regard based upon his writing.”

“Truth is always easy to sell.”


“That’s half true, it's easier to sell sometimes but harder to buy always.”


“Care to explain?”


“I will, but some other time. Right now we have to make sure that this story travels the intended distance and reaches its intended destination.” 


“Rest assured about that. I know our reporter friend very well, he can digest a friend’s secret but digesting a moral-immoral dilemma is beyond him.”


“So you think he will go against his given word and will tell this story to others and that too to the whole world? Are you sure about that, because a whole lot depends on this.


“Yes.”


“You seemed very confident? So confident that you don't feel need to explain yourself.”


“There’s not much to explain, all is what meets the eye here.”


“If you say so. So how’s my grand-kid, did he like his birthday present?


“He’s flying that damn remote control plane everywhere. The other day he crashed it into a neighbour's dish antennae. And the other day he was asking for permission to take the damn thing to school so he can show it to his friends. When I said no the poor thing went to school crying and then you know what happened.”


“You should have given him some ice-cream, that usually works as a pacifier.”


“He is different now.”


“Sorry, different means cries more with ice-cream?”


“No…it's hard to explain, sometimes I feel that kid is hard to understand.”


“All kids of that age are that way, give him some time he will come around.”


“If you say so….so we are good then for the meeting, when shall we meet next time, after the article?”


“Article is the first step in the direction, we need a follow-up on that. And the follow-up should not only stir the pot but should also bring it to the boiling point.”


“Don’t you feel like when we both talk to each other we are talking like two characters of a story, a lot of idioms and properness. It feels like a lot remains unsaid and open to interpretation.”


“Is that so, I was under the impression you only like to see things which meet the eye, nothing less, nothing more.”


“I know what you are doing? You are reversing my argument towards me to know why I am confident in our dear friend. You are good.”


“You are inferring that,I just made an observation. By the way, I know the reason why you are confident, so I didn't push it.”


“But how can…?”


“You are not the only person he talks to. Let's say he discussed this morality part of leopard attack with someone and my trusted pair of ears happened to be by-stander.”


“Did that buffoon mention my name in his conversation? I should have known this before even trusting him with this.”


“Relax, he didn’t mention your name but I inferred that after my source told me that he is going to re-confirm his part. And as his part came from you, so i assumed he will call you back.”


“If my expression didn’t give it away, then let me, he did call me. Twice.”


“So there’s our reason for confidence in him in the open. He called you twice to re-confirm all the details and from there you grew in confidence that he will definitely take some action on it.”


“Not some action, but he said specifically that he will mask the names but will print the article on animal cruelty and some other correlated shit. But the point is he will print it and it will print in tomorrow’s edition.”


“Tomorrow? Interesting.”


“What’s interesting about that?”


“Just the usual-ness of things taking their own due course, that’s interesting. That and remaining all which meets the eye.”


“Hmm…interesting choice of words, don’t you feel. Is it all which meets the eye?


“At least, from my vantage point."


Comments

Popular Posts