Appallingly cruel

“Now stop laughing, and don’t you dare tell anyone about this incident.”


“But then if you don’t want anyone to know then why tell me? You wanted to laugh at your husband so you told me about this but now you don’t want others to laugh at him…you are cruel to both of us.”


“You tell me if husbands are not good enough to expense a laugh or two then what other purpose they are serving. I guess that came out wrong, they have their purpose but come on a hearty laugh fully expensed on your own husband once in a while, is that too much to ask for?” And you said both, what’s my cruelty against you?


“By robbing me of the opportunity to be a storyteller and that too of a really funny one. But amidst all this thank god your son is ok, otherwise encounter against a wild animal and that too where the poor animal is afraid and while facing his fears is looking for something to fill his stomach with, i can’t even imagine”


“Her stomach.”


“Heavens! It was a mother leopard. They are more lethal than their male counterparts, after all it's they who hunt for the pack. Have you ever wondered how nature has kept the designs almost the same across all its creations? In each of its creation its always females who are doing the heavy lifting. I think we should start calling nature father instead mother, that will fit in more accurately with the partialities it has taken liberty with.”


“Are you starting again on your newspaper column topics? You always have this tendency to hijack a normal day to day discussion and convert it into a high morals 101 class. 


“I know, I know, but then if we will not discuss the morality of our surroundings then who will? After all it's us ....”


“See, again you are doing that same thing. Why don’t you start a subscription service for this. It will be a good business model for you as it has no cost and it will be good for your friends and family also, they will know what to unsubscribe for.”


“I see that the lady-dry-humour has found the second victim of the morning after her husband.”


“Anything immoral in that?”


“Ha Ha, very funny, now stop it.”


“But we have not discussed the moral of the story yet.”


“Which is?”


“If you give your son de-Moralising talk, father nature will lend a paw to up your pep talk game. And in this case, the lending of the paw was on the forearm, thankfully, and not on the high moral collar bone.”


“Did I just call you cruel? I was wrong, you are appallingly cruel.”


“I guess I have earned my share of adjectives for today, so see you tomorrow at lunch?”


“Same old?”


“Same old.”


….


“Mum, I was waiting for you to get off the phone. Can I please have some ice-cream? I swear I will complete my homework afterwards.”


“But you told your father this morning that you don’t eat ice-cream any more?”


“I was a different person then.”


“And now?”


“Different”

 


Comments

Popular Posts